
How could I forget to post about this all-important, monumentous event? This past Saturday was Free Comic Book Day! So, after Teen spent 5 agonizing hours taking the SAT's, we went next town over to TJ's Collectibles for her free comics.

She purchased two comics (of a kind I'm not thrilled about but, hey, she's 17-1/2), and got three free ones. She also bought a set of Green Lantern rings.
Have I mentioned that she wants to be a cartoon animator? Other choices have been a Canadian mountie, a police detective and, lately, an auto mechanic. What did I do all the time she was looking at comic books? Enjoying this (with whipped cream, of course)!
Dunkin Donuts needs to change the slogan to "Mothers Run on Dunkin".
ReplyDeleteNow THAT is a cool gal. I wish I knew gals that liked comics and wanted to be a cartoon artist! Awesome.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I am honored that you are helping me in my quest! Thank you! I owe you 1000 Green Lantern rings for that.
We enjoyed Free Comic Book Day, too. :-)
ReplyDeleteYou have a really nice blog, and I like your Rednesday meme. I'll be linking on Wednesday. :-) I have a "RED" post about cherries and the Black Forest cake that I think you'll enjoy. Hope you don't mind that it was originally posted a few weeks ago. I love cherries and vintage too! :-)
How fun! Don't know how my husband missed out on this one. He and my 9 year old are hooked on Archies! Well I am not a comic book gal but I would have enjoyed that time if I'd had a Coffee Coolatta to keep me company.
ReplyDelete