Saturday, December 25, 2010

NON-RED DEC'S AND DECEMBER TAG-ALONG

This is an antique teacup with antique Christmas spoons.

I first saw this ad on the web somewhere earlier this year, and was intrigued by the idea of Christmas spoons! So I checked out eBay and, of course, they had quite a selection. So I bid on, and won, two of them. Close-ups are below.






I finally finished my December Tag-Along a few weeks ago, but kept forgetting to post it! I started making my Tag-Alongs in the month of March, so I still have January and February to complete my group.

Of course, to me, December IS Christmas. So that's all my tag is about!


This is a scanned version. The "I Love Christmas" and the ornaments are raised up, which isn't noticeable in the above photo.

We're just starting a 24-hour blizzard here in New England and are due for about two feet of snow! I'm sure all the school kids on vacation are all excited about this. Me? I'm hibernating all week! LOL!

10 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Oh, I love your Merry Christmas cup! When ever I see vintage Christmas I can't pass it up. The spoons are great too!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

We are enjoying a very snowy Christmas here in Atlanta! I'm going to enjoy the week!

Unknown said...

Sue,
What an adorable tag! Love the frosted windows! Batten down the hatches time, huh????? Hope you are nice and snuggly and warm, watching the cold and snow be outside!

Linda Ruthie said...

Your photos are such lovely eye candy! I don't believe I've ever seen or heard of Christmas spoons. Something else to look for when I go out 'junking'. Enjoy your snow days.

imperfectly natural mama said...

Oooh loving the christmas spoons.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

WELLL! What a delightful surprise to see your comment on my previous post! I thought I was done seeing any comments on that post, but THANK YOU for such a gracious comment! Well, really when you boil down to it, LOVE is the whole reason He come to earth...with a lifesaver in His hands....You are from Mass....I lived in Beverly, S. Hamilton and Rockport for 11 years...stunning world, New ENgland!

MANY BLESSINGS TO YOU FOR 2011!!! Anita

Cheeseboy said...

Christmas spoons are so much better than Christmas Shoes.

Doris C said...

SUE A MERRY CHRISTMAS, these Christmas spoons are brilliant.
all the best Doris C.

★Carol★ said...

I love your December tag, Sue! Hope you guys didn't get buried in that snowstorm. Poke your head out of all those snowdrifts and I'll see ya later for Rednesday!

Curtains In My Tree said...

OMG I love those spoons

Janice