Saturday, February 21, 2015

THRIFT SHOPPING



I've been out and about recently and here's a few things I brought home with me.

I was so happy to find another little English Cottage item. This is a small canister that's only 3-1/2"/9cm tall. It's about the size of a coffee cup so I don't know if it's from a child's set or not.



I was surprised to find these hadn't been sold before Christmas. And I was very happy to find them at 25% off!



I've been (inactively) looking for a toy iron for years and stumbled on one last week. My toy ironing board finally has a mate!


This is how we measure snowfall in Boston:


7 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Good finds and I love how you are measuring the snow. Speaking of snow it is snowing hard in the lakes region of NH
Cathy

acorn hollow said...

Good finds and I love how you are measuring the snow. Speaking of snow it is snowing hard in the lakes region of NH
Cathy

LV said...

Glad to see you and enjoyed all your finds. Never saw snow being measured in that fashion. Trust all is well with you and family.

ThreeOldKeys said...

sometimes those little fun finds just make your day, don't they?

love the snow-measuring system. luckily, we're still using a 12" ruler.

what a winter! keep warm, stay safe.

Anonymous said...

"inactively looking for" I get that! :D

We haven't even had a winter on the west coast this year! ♥

Curtains in My Tree said...

That is a wonderful find in the coffee canister

and I like your snow chart LOL that is funny

I use to have some of those little toy irons

Unknown said...

Those were some good finds, I just love the little English canister!
Have a great week-end,
Dorothy and Ms.Wilma