Tuesday, April 28, 2009

REDNESDAY - My Barn and Wheelbarrow


Here we are again! See the bottom of this post for Mr. Linky if you want to join in.

What shall I come up with today? How about some outdoorsy photos - seeing that I've been outside every day this past week!

This is our barn. It's very, very old, has a "basement" (with a trap door from the main floor) that used to house chickens (previous owner's and ours), and who's foundation was made out of field stone. The inside has the wide floor boards and hand-hewn timbers - really neat! It's still kinda red; guess it needs a repainting! The flower in the foreground is a Japanese Lily 'Uchida'. (Last summer's photo)
How about my red vintage wheelbarrow? I don't know why they don't make 'em like this anymore - the sides come off and slide back in effortlessly, and you don't bump your legs into it as you're walking. I was so excited when Mister brought this home a few years ago, because I had seen an exact same one on the cover of Country Living the year before that!
My favorite flower is Primrose (or Primula). This is a dark red Hose-In-Hose type. I can't get enough of looking at them, they're so beautiful! *Sigh!*

Giveaway? What giveaway? Mine, of course! But you have to backtrack to Monday to see what my goodies are. I live in New England, and some of the New England Bloggers are having a May Day Giveaway this week, ending Friday. So go check it out!

* * * * * * * * * *
Hello all you Redaholics out there! You got something RED and want to show it off? This is the place! New or old? Elegant or homely? Yours or "borrowed"? We'll take it, as long as it's RED!

Here's how you do it:

1. Your Wednesday post has to be about something, anything, RED (even your nail polish!).
2. Sign up with the Mr. Linky at the end of this post (but only after your post is ready).
3. Make sure you have a link back to this blog so others can see who else is sharing today.
4. You can include my "Today Is Rednesday" logo in your post if you'd like. (I like to change the background of it often, and you're free to do so also - just leave the words the way they are). Or, you can use either of my "Wednesday is Rednesday" clips in your sidebar (you'll probably need to resize them).



Thanks for stopping by! See you tomorrow at Vintage Thingies Thursday!

10 comments:

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

Hi Sue, thanks for hosting this Rednesday event!.. I've been reading your post for past few months.. and I really like your blog.. especially seeing all those pretty photos you shared in here.. and the Rednesday event is my fave! thanks again & have a great day ahead!

marble rose said...

Oooh - I really want to do this - I shall immediately go rummage, I hope I'm not too late for today's?!

Garden State Kate said...

A barn? I am so jealous!!
Maybe next week I will post my "barn" paintings.
Meanwhile, I posted some vintage red stuff for this week.

marble rose said...

Hoorar - just posted my first Rednesday blog! Wanted to use you pic but my inept design skills let me down - again. xx

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

What a lovely visit here today!!
Your blog is very charming.

Splashes of Pink and Mint said...

Yep, I blogged mine too!!! What a great initiative! I love red! So I love your wheelbarrow of course! And primroses are cute indeed!
Greetings from the Netherlands!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Sue,
You know I'm a RED lover too. Your primroses are beautiful, and the little red wagon is adorable I wish I had one. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you post for the next Rednesday!.
Enjoy your day,
Elizabeth

Jackie said...

I love all your red photos...they are gorgeous!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Gosh you have a lovely setting! That barn is just fabulous, I'd like to live in there!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

What charm! A barn and that darling wheelbarrow! I love both of them. laurie