Monday, April 13, 2009

Weekend Wear-down

Good day to you all! This was my Easter present from Mister! I wasn't expecting this, or anything, but I love it! (I should have photo'd it last night because the early morning sun was blasting through the windows on that side of the house, making for a poor photo.) My aunt, who came for dinner, said she had received a set of these for a wedding present (late 40's/early 50's) and they were only about $10/set back then!

Unfortunately, I didn't make it to church because Teen had me up in the middle of the night with a sore throat and nose bleed. And, my back had been out, so the shock of being woken up, plus the pain, made me sick to my stomach. When I got up in the a.m. I had a terrific headache (besides the back pain), so I stayed home and took a long, hot shower, aspirin, and coffee - that all helped!

Family came over at 1:00 - Aunt, cousin, nephew; Sister, niece; Brother; 99-yr-old Grampy-in-law; two little nieces! A Friend stopped to say hi on her way to her dinner, and another Sister came for dessert! The food came out great, and a good time was had by all.

My bro-in-law lost his wife about a year and a half ago, so he's raising his two girls on his own - 1st and 4th graders. Unfortunately, even before the death, he has problems with depression and agoraphobia. When I asked the girls what they got in their Easter baskets, they said they didn't get any - dad just gave them money. The poor little girls! So I made them up some bags filled with candy (some donated by my girls) and trinkets that I had. So they left happy!

This photo is my Niece and Teen lounging while the grownups were in the kitchen!















These are the hostess gifts I received: the garden statue from Aunt, lilies from Cousin, and bottle of wine from Sister - because our maiden name is "Pink"!




The weather is warm and sunny this morning, so I think I'll head on outside soon! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

How kind of you to make those poor girls up a bag of Easter goodies.

Hope you are all feeling better over there. We all got sick here, too. Something going around...

abby jenkins said...

Happy Belated Easter! I love the vintage Christ is Risen card, so beautiful.

Hope you are all feeling better. I am sure your nieces are!