Monday, June 29, 2009

RAINY GARDENING

This is what the coming week's weather looks like. It was last week's forecast, too. And the week before that. Very unusual weather for my neck of the woods.

Bad weather makes it so hard to enjoy one's yard! As a gardener, it's especially frustrating because the flowers don't grow as spectacular as they should. Or maybe it's because I'm indoors more than usual and can't appreciate them as much!

Let's take a "walk" through the garden and see what's been blooming lately:

Prairie Mallow
(Sidalcea 'Brilliant')

Rudbeckia 'Irish Eyes'
(Black-eyed Susan with a green eye)
I've been growing these for about five years, and this year I have a 'double' one! I'll save the seeds and see if it grows more doubles next year.


Moonbeam Coreopsis (yellow)and
Rose Campion (white and hot pink)

California Poppies
(Eschscholzia californica)

Yarrow 'Paprika'
(achillea)

Foxgloves
(digitalis)
from left: Strawberry Foxglove, Excelsior Mix, Trojana, grandiflora
(click to see enlarged photos)

Daylilies
(hemerocallis)
"Ditch" and Stella D'Oro


Spiderwort
(Tradescantia)
Sweet William
(dianthus barbatus)

Unknown bush Rose
Antique Climbing Rose
June bloomer, no i.d.Fairy Rose
I hope you enjoyed your stroll!

4 comments:

Coloradolady said...

Oh, can you send some of the rain here, and the temps.....we are burning up in Texas....Lovely flowers.

Ruby said...

Thanks for the garden walk! Gorgeous flowers. The spiderwort looks so large. Mine are more the size of the rose champion!

★Carol★ said...

Could you please send the rain this way?! Someone turned off the big faucet in the sky over my house! Your garden is looking lovely. I love the foxgloves, and that yarrow is gorgeous! My gardens don't get alot of sun because of all the trees, so I can't grow that pretty Fairy rose like I would love to!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Lovely! I just planted some spiderwort, and love that paprika yarrow! Such a sweet garden, and love your old garden tools for VTT as well!