Wednesday, October 21, 2009

LOOKING FOR REDNESDAY? ONE POST DOWN!

THE EVOLUTION OF A VIGNETTE


Okay, I gave you that spiel about Rednesday being posted on Tuesday - blah, blah, blah. Well, I wanted to throw this one in today, just because; I was going to wait until later in the week, but am in the mood now!

I didn't stage these photos, or take them all in one day either. I started with this photo on my kitchen table. Had bought these cute little punkins a few weeks ago and was going to post this, but never got around to it.

Then, within a week of the above photo, I found this wind-up frog while cleaning and thought it would look cute with the pumpkins, being the same color and all. I said to myself, "I'm glad I didn't post the other photo 'cuz now I can show this one." (Like my chocolate oatmeal cookie in the upper corner?)

Did I get around to posting that? No! Which is good because last Monday, when the Girls went to McD's with Grandma, my Niece gave me her Build A Bear fairy, which is Autumn colored - so I added her to the display. (Whew! Really glad I didn't post the photo yet, cuz this is way cool with the fairy!)

Well . . . yesterday Pre-Teen had a box of NeoPets toys sitting in the upstairs hallway to get rid of, and this little caterpillar-looking "Fire Noil" was on top! So I grabbed it, thinking - you guessed it! Can't see in the photo, but it's got a red belly. Before I came downstairs, I was in my room and had left these two brooches on my dresser to attach to jackets; but, with the NeoPets in one hand, and "vignette" on my mind, this is where they ended up.

I rather hope I don't find anything else, because I've run out of room!

(Don't forget my Giveaway! Rednesday posts will still be counted twice.)

5 comments:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

It's like time-lapse photography! lol!

What a sweet vignette! I have to smile at the expression on the little fuzzy thing's face -- very cheerful!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

How this is how I make mine too, one thing at a time and there you have it.
I love what you have create out of what you have. Its very festive!
Enjoy your day,
Elizabeth

★Carol★ said...

This is a cute little vignette, and I'm sure your kids like it too, because there's nothing breakable in it! And they'll probably have fun moving things around too!

P.S. Always happy to see a peak of that great table!

Dawn said...

Hi Sue,
I didn't get my red post together for today but wanted to come by to visit.

Your fall centepiece certainly took a fun twist. Your whole table may be covered by Thanksgiving! At least it will be pretty. My table is always covered in papers and things the kids leave out. It's the family drop off point! Now if I had your awesome table I wouldn't let them leave a thing there!
Hugs,
Dawn

Abatevintage said...

Oh that centerpeice is lovely. Wonderful post.

Blessings,
Heidi