Thursday, November 19, 2009

BASEMENT CLEANING

I've been busy as a beaver the past few days! I didn't even have time for VTT! Boo! Besides the regular driving Teen back and forth to school a few times each day, and housework, and appointments, I decided to start cleaning out my section of the basement.

Mister "owns" the basement, but he designated two cabinets for my stuff - crafts, seasonal items, china, etc. Plus he has these two long work tables that he lets me use to hold Ebay items, empty boxes, bubble wrap, and packing peanuts.
I'm sure you all know how the story goes: the boxes get thrown down there, not stacked neatly; the cats play with the peanuts; Teen takes her "life" down there when a summer t-storm approaches, thinking it will be a tornado and the house will get ripped apart - and leaves it all there; Teen also decides to go through Mister's record albums and leaves them strewn all over the place; and everything you don't know what to do with ends up down there "temporarily".

You should see the bags of trash that I brought upstairs!

But it is fun to find things that had been misplaced or forgotten. And now I can make a second trip to the thrift shop I went to last week.

Teen wants to go here tomorrow after school. You don't need to twist my arm! Can I use the lame excuse that I need to buy stuff to put on my blog? Yeh, that's the ticket!
Will report back in a few days!

6 comments:

★Carol★ said...

That's pretty much the same thing that's going on in my basement too! As soon as I started asking people for their empty boxes that I could use for shipping Ebay stuff, I ended up with a mountain of boxes and bubblewrap! And packing peanuts are like a playground for kitties!
Have a great weekend, and don't work too hard!
Carol

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Oooo, basements, scary! You're brave to venture down there...*shiver*

We don't have those where I'm from...if I had one, it would be very messy because I would throw things down the stairs and then shut the door tight!!!

But I'm with you on popping into the thrift store...tee hee...not scary at all...

Simple Home said...

Oh, I wish I had a basement. All we have is a shed. There aren't many houses in California with basements. I can't wait to see what you found.
Blessings,
Marcia

Anonymous said...

I got half of our basement cleaned before Halloween. Now I really need to work on the rest of it.

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

The pictures that went along with this post cracked me up. Too funny.

My basement sorely needs my attention. I need to work on it this weekend but keep getting distracted by other things!

New York Mold inspections said...

I think however busy one is there should be some time scheduled for basement cleaning and home cleaning in general.There could be mold and other infestations from unclean areas in the basement.