Sunday, November 15, 2009

CAT-CAPADES

Yesterday, one of the cats (Chloe) was up on the craft table trying to drink out of the water cup for my paint brushes. She managed to spill enough that many items had to be moved out of the way to mop it up. That's when I realized there was a tear in the plastic tablecloth. So I had to clear everything off the table, throw away the tablecloth, and dry out the wood. (It's still got a big water stain on it.)

Luckily, I had purchased a thick, flannel-backed tablecloth at a yard sale a few weeks back, so that went on it today. The table needed de-cluttering anyway!

As you can see, she tried to help me wrap my shoebox for Operation Christmas Child, too! I love this ministry, and look forward to it every year. Follow the link if you're interested in finding out more about it.

7 comments:

Ruby said...

Cats and kittens are soooo helpful! Even if you don't need help. LOL

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

What is it about cats???!!! Mine get right on my drawing tablet, sleep on the beads, and snooze in the trims-and-laces box...argh!!!

Maybe Chloe has that habit of "pawing" at the water? That ends up with a knocked-over glass every time...

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Sue!
That Chloe, isn't she a hoot? She is very mischevious. I had a cat named Tiger that loved boxes too. He loved jumping up on things where I was working.

Chloe looks so precious in the box. That would make a lovely Christmas card cover.

Thanks for sharing sweetie. Made my evening. Country hugs...Sherry

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Operation Christmas Child is a wonderful program. My kids always enjoy filling the boxes for it! :-)

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I love the Operation Christmas Child program too! Bravo!

Simple Home said...

That's a wonderful program, and an adorable photo of a very helpful kitty!
Blessings,
Marcia

Dawn said...

Happy belated Birthday Sue! Chloe reminds me so much of our Sally!

Did your package arrive from Debbi? I think it should be soon.
Hugs,
Dawn