Saturday, April 24, 2010

ART MUSEUM AND SALVATION ARMY

Yesterday (Friday) Teen wanted to go to the Garden In The Woods, which is acreage at The New England Wild Flower Society in Framingham, Massachusetts. It was a beautiful day and I was up for the walk; and the hopes of bringing home a wild flower or two!


But, as fate would have it, we never made it there. As we were driving through Framingham center, we noticed the Danforth Art Museum and decided to go there instead!

It is a small museum with, currently, mostly modern art exhibits. They do have a few noteworthy paintings by John Singer Sargent and John Singleton Copley.

Then, what do you think was a few streets down from the museum? The Salvation Army Thrift Store! Yahoo! Teen was actually willing to stop in this time. A few items I picked up were -

Some more of these short Wexford glasses (on right), and two more Big Top Peanut Butter goblets (on left).
I picked up a few tins that will go in my Etsy shoppe, and these two pretty cups:

This one says Hand Painted Nippon on the bottom.

This a a moustache mug with pretty Sweet Peas on it.
All glasses and mugs were $.99! Gotta love that place!

11 comments:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Great finds you have there, the cup is just beautiful.
Happy day when you find something so lovely for such a low price.
Molly

Annesphamily said...

Great fines! Wow! That was a fun trip for you and your teen! :)

Angela said...

How cool. I have never seen a mustache cup. What a rare find. The other tea cup is oh so lovely.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

You have such good finds. Love those glasses. The mugs are pretty. Wonderful prices.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

99 cents! Wow! You found some great bargains! The mustache mug is so pretty. I always wonder about a man using such a feminine and pretty mug. laurie

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Wow!! What great finds!!
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love Sally Anne's! ♥

Dapoppins said...

what a great find! Did the teen find anything she liked?

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh, I love that mustache cup! I want to come to your thrift store! Have a nice week! Twyla

Betty's corner of the world said...

Big Top Penut Butter Goblets?
I've seen these before and have had a couple ..but I didn't know that's what they are called ..can you tell me more.
Thanks.
BTW ... "I love "RED" and I love your blog.
Hugz ..Betty

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness, what great finds, Sue. The tray (in the last picture) that the Sweet Pea moustache mug is sitting on is just gorgeous, too.