Tuesday, January 4, 2011

REDNESDAY - A BANNER YEAR!


Happy New Year and Happy Rednesday, my friends! We made it through the Christmas holiday, didn't we? And, now, we're back to reality. Good for some, bad for others! As usual, I will sorely miss all my Christmas decorations - I don't even have my tree down yet! But, in about a month, I'll have forgotten all about Christmas.

I got a nice surprise in the mailbox a few days ago - this wonderful bunch of wood cherries from Deb at Linens, Lace, and Lattes! These were in a box of Christmas stuff she won at an auction, and was so nice to have thought of me! They have ornament hooks on them, but I might just keep them in a bunch; that is, if I'm not tempted to eat them, lol! Thanks a "bunch", Deb!

This was a "banner year" for me. I made lots of banners for Christmas gifts, as this was another lean year for us. This one is my favorite. It's for my mailman, who happens to be the nicest girl you could ever get for mail delivery! She has the prettiest name - Raylene! I found images from vintage cards and Google that have mailboxes or letter-writing. I'm posting pics of the images, below, in case you would like to make a mail banner of your own!

There are seven images. I posted them in the small size, but just right-click to get the larger size for saving. This first image is a Post-A-Note postcard that was from an auction I went to. They must have thought these cards were no good, because they used them to write lot numbers on for bidding. I wish I had gone around to the winners, asking them for their cards!

This image is from Two Crazy Crafters!


21 comments:

★Carol★ said...

What a sweet, very personalized gift for your mail lady! I bet she loves it. I don't have a single red thing to share this week :o( I think some thrifting and antiquing is definitely in order!
Happy REDnesday!
Carol

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Sue,

That is just utterly too, too! (Like Nellie Olsen used to say.)

I have noticed that banners are the up and coming thing. They are also known as bunting. I think I will have to give making some a try.

We are headed into the big town in a few minutes. I think I will take photos of the red things I see for Rednesday.

Take care and God bless!

Kathy

Sunny Simple Life said...

I love the color red and your blog party is my favorite. Thanks for the work of hosting it each week. I love the banner. That is my goal this year to make one. Yours is so darling.

☺lani☺ said...

Love them all! Happy new Year!

bj said...

I love all your reds today, Sue.
Thanks so much for hosting this fun RED day. I just love it.
xo bj

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I have enjoyed all the Reds in 2010 and look forward to many more!

Linsday said...

Happy New Year and your reds today are lovely!

Thriftin' Gal @ Junk In My Trunk said...

That is a beautiful banner, and I bet your mail carrier was thrilled to receive it!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Happy New Year Sue!
This is such a sweet gift for your mail lady! She must have been thrilled to receive it. I love the vintage Valentine card type images on it.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Pretty banners. I'm linking today! Happy Rednesday.

Hooked on Memes said...

What a lovely banner to greet your mail carrier. Happy New Year!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Happy Rednesday, Sue!!
Thanks for hosting this great party!! Love those sweet images!!

Hugs,
Debbie

LV said...

You were lucky and blessed with a frie3nd like this. That is a very nice gift. I love all the little cards you shared today.

Denise Marie said...

love this post!! Way to rock the banners. I love your images and recognize 1 that I've used too.

Margie said...

your banner is really adorable ... and what a nice thing to do for your mailman/lady! i'm sure she was tickled pink to receive it! have a lovely day!

Susan Freeman said...

I love all of the adorable red images! Happy 1st Rednesday of 2011!! I am looking forward to a happy red new year.

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

ThreeOldKeys said...

Hello Sue -- today my Rednesday post is a little Thank You to the Hostess with the Mostess ... and that would be You!

Thanks for hosting this cheerful weekly group.

Your Rednesday friend,
ThreeOldKeys

Scrap for Joy said...

Hi Sue~
I just linked my very first REDnesday post! I read you all the time and thought I was already a follower but I guess I've always linked through Sandy. Anyway...here I am!
Love the banner you made for your mailgal..I love making banners and garlands, too!
Happy REDnesday and thanks for letting me join in!
Joyce

NanE said...

Hi Sue, Happy New Year! What a cute banner and what a thoughtful thing to do for your mail lady. She will love it. The images are really cute too! Have a great day, Nan

genie said...

Sue....Thank you so much for sharing the vintage pictures with us. They are so dear and the way you made your postally her banner is precious. I do love banners. I have been out of commission for a while but hope I can get back on track now that we are in 2011. Happy New Year to you and yours.
Hugs, Genie

Unknown said...

Oh Sue! I adore images with mailboxes! What a perfect theme for a banner. You have inspired me to make a Valentine banner in February as well! Thank you for our wonderful year of RED and thank you for hosting all the wonderful blogs to visit! Happy New Year! Elizabeth