Tuesday, May 3, 2011

REDNESDAY IN MAY



I hope you all had a wonderfully royal weekend! And I'm SO happy that bin Laden was found!

I have a delightful old house to show you this week. This house and barn sits in the center of my town. It is so quintessentially New England! (Say hi to Conrad, my red truck that Teen named!) Isn't it cool that they painted the fence black? I love it!


But, that's not the only cool thing about it. Let me walk across the street and take a closer shot of the fence. Enlarge the photo to look at the decorative display of black-painted garden implements! It might be a gate. Great idea!

But, there's something even more delightful when you turn to the right and look up at the porch . . . isn't this a fantastic arrangement of crocks and pots? I drive by this house twice a day when I take Becky to school - it makes me so happy!

Across the street, a few houses down, is this beautiful display of tulips. The flower bed wraps around the right side of the house, too.

What reds have you got to share this week?

Oh, by the way, if you need me this Spring and Summer . . .

17 comments:

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for the Sandwich Generation said...

Oh how CUTE! I enjoyed all this post, but I have to say, my favorite was the last - I loved your cute "In my office" garden and tools clipart! Perfect for all of us boomer and senior gardening fans. :)

Lola said...

Happy Rednesday!

XOXO Lola:)

★Carol★ said...

I'm so in love with that red house and barn with the black fence and all of the old crocks on the porch! And the big flagpole and the cupola on the barn, AND all of the old gardening tools on the gate. It's all such a nice sight to see every day as you drive by in Conrad!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

LV said...

Sue, thoroughly enjoyed seeing that red building and hearing the story. I love old barns and houses. This one is most interesting. Wish my flowers beds look like the ones you shared.

Ann said...

We're on the same page today. I love red houses and old red barns too. The tulips are gorgeous. I entered my blog twice--oops--maybe you can delete one of them. Happy Rednesday.
Ann

DearHelenHartman said...

The red house is charming. and the collection of jugs! Just the right touch. Happy Rednesday!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

So fun! I love driving around all of the little back roads in my town and the surrounding areas. I've found some of the cutest homes and gorgeous yards. I always say, " it's fun when you're lost, because you never know what you might find."

Made By Gen said...

Nice entry for today. Thanks for hosting...have a great day.

The French Hutch said...

I LOVE, LOVE the RED color of this house. That is the color, or close anyway to one I picked out for my house. I'm afraid I got cold feet about going red, and played it safe ending up with with a neutral color of taupe. Thanks for sharing this house, I love it. The tulips are gorgeous too........
Thanks for hosting

~Emily
The French Hutch

Anonymous said...

Okay- I'll live in the barn-thank you! :)

Diann said...

The house and barn is wonderful! What a great place. And I really like the fence painted black. Great reds for today. Have a wonderful week!

genie said...

I am always shooting homes and barns so this post is a special one for me. Both the house and barn are wonderful...perfect for a Rednesday. Thanks for sponsoring your meme. You are so kind to take the time to do it week after week. It is a wonderful one. Genie

Unknown said...

Happy Rednesday~

Thanks for hosting & I really enjoyed your photos of the red house & barn. Lucky you to be able to drive by such an inspirinational place twice a day! :)

Drop By The Tattered Tag

Cheeseboy said...

Really cool home! Kinda looks like a big red barn though.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful reds! Thanks for sharing, Sue! Tulips are wonderful and that gate is something else!

Anonymous said...

Sue,
What wonderful reds! And the gate is terrific. And the tulips are wonderful!

Doris C said...

Oh brilliant Sue I love them all.