Tuesday, July 5, 2011

HAPPY REDNESDAY!



Welcome back to Rednesday! Hope all you U.S.-ers had a great long weekend! I had a mild stomach bug last week, but am back to normal (whatever that is) now. I've been doing a "mulch marathon" this week. With my babysitting money, I've been buying a few bags each week. I'm up to 13 bags and will probably need 3 or 4 more - whew!

I noticed that Mister had a few dirty coffee mugs on the counter and thought they'd make a nice photo! The flag one is from a set of four Ralph Lauren I got at a yard sale last year.

This is one of the cubbyholes in the unit beside my computer. I got the beer glass at a thrift shop only because my Dad used to drink Black Label, and it's a nice memory. The cup is Adams of England called "The Season of Blossoms", a yard sale find. The game pieces are from a vintage Wide World Travel Game. After I loaded the photo here, Katherine (Teen) walked by and asked if I liked it. I said, yeah, it's got red in it. She giggled and said she had turned the yellow ship in the opposite direction on purpose! (There is no dust, there is no dust, there is no dust . . . )

A pile of baskets with the cherries box, and my canisters on the book shelf.

And, now for the patriotics that I didn't get to show last week. Mister's humongous 48-star flag:

A few shelves in the living room:

A close-up of the green dish and butter knife. I haven't looked up the maker of the green dish, but it probably had a lid - wish it was red or blue! The knife is a Wm. Rogers & Son that says "United States of America" with an eagle and shield. Wouldn't it be cool to have a whole set in this pattern?

And, that wraps it up for me! I hope to see lots of red vacation shots this summer!

23 comments:

★Carol★ said...

Instead of buying more perennials, I should take a cue from you and spend my money on mulch! LOVE how that 48 star flag looks, hanging from your beautiful barn. No Rednesday for me. I'm all redded out!

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for Grandparents and Caregivers said...

So glad you are feeling much better! That's always good news! :) I "met" another cherry lover online and I told her about Rednesday. :)

LOVED all your fun red things - especially the cute vintage clipart and the adorable little house behind the game pieces near our computer. It's so darling!

Thanks for another fun visit. See you in a bit. Off to hug my granddog now. :)

Annesphamily said...

I love all thee pretty reds you are sharing here today. Thanks for all your effort. You do a great job! Anne

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Sue,
I am totally in love with your cannister set!! And the Cherry Tin!!

Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Debbie

DearHelenHartman said...

The game pieces are sure fire winners! Also love the canisters. Happy Rednesday, it's my favorite day of the blogging week!

Cheeseboy said...

I assume that the 4th is one of your favorite holidays. Hope it was a good one for you.

That 48 state flag is really cool.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

So glad you are feeling better and we are able to see your great reds! I love the mugs and that huge flag is wonderful. hugs, Linda

LV said...

You wrapped up a very nice package for us today. Thanks for being a great hostess even when you are not well.

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

I glad you are feeling better! I love your July 4th Decor !
Blessings,
~Myrna

Mary @ Redo101 said...

Your patriot decor is just right, and I must say I am very impressed by your hubby's flag - wow! I have mugs like your flag one that I bought years ago, but I don't think they're Ralph Lauren - don't you just love a yard sale! Thanks for hosting another fun Rednesday.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

A 48-star flag? Poor Alaska and Hawaii are left out! :-(

My Vintage Mending said...

I do love the peeks at your red! Thanks for hosting another great red colored Wednesday...smiles...Renee

Diane Mars said...

Wow that flag is giant! It looks great displayed. I love red I have sold a lot of my red goodies, but sometime I plan to bring it back into my life. You know how it goes change... oxox, Diane

Faythe said...

It has been a while since I did some red, so I had to stop to visit! I love your canister set. Hubby's brother has possession of a 48 star flag of the families, but not as huge as yours!
Glad you are feeling better.~Faythe!

Unknown said...

Hi Sue! Sure am glad you feel better. Sorry I haven't called in a while miss hearin from ya. I've been so busy here at Mom and Dad's
Sigh....lot's of Doc appointments.
You Rednesday's are my bright spot. Thanks for the cherry.....
cheery over the hump say!

Barbara Jean said...

thanks for hosting.

glad to be back to play.

blessings
barbara jean

Sarah said...

Love that giant flag hanging on the side of the house. Did you know the 48 star flag is the second longest in use?
Thanks for hosting each week. ~ Sarah

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

The last green one that is not red, is it a napkin ring?

Curtains in My Tree said...

Thanks for Rednesday I always like playing over here on Rednesday's


Jancie

Lily said...

Beautiful picture of the flag! And you have found the perfect place to hang it! Lovely :)
~Lily
http://neverfadingwood.blogspot.com

Ann said...

I especially love that 48 star flag hanging from the Beautiful barn. Hope your feeling better.
Ann

Doris C said...

Hi Sue i love your little table shelves not seen them since i was a small child, a manager of a large shop in town was a neighbour they had those kind of furniture, out of this world i would say.

Regards Doris C aka Tomato

Unknown said...

Hello New England Girl! This is my first post with you and I am excited! Red is a great theme! I love your post and after reading your bio, found we like to do similar things..antique browsing, cherries..etc Have a wonderful week! I am your newest follower, I hope you will consider mine too. Happy Summer!!