Tuesday, November 8, 2011

REDNESDAY



Welcome everyone! Snow and cold are gone here. It's Indian Summer - yesterday was 60F/15C, today is supposed to get up to 68F/20C! I'm lovin' it!

I'm sitting here at the computer with one of my Africam cams on, watching Wildebeest and Impalas at dusk. Three Giraffes wandered through a few minutes ago. With Daylight Savings Time, South Africa is now 7 hours ahead of me so, while it's 11:00 a.m. here right now, it's 6:00 p.m. there.

This first set of photos I took on my way back from church on Sunday. Someone new moved into this house within the past year and, recently, he put out some interesting yard decorations . . . and I love them!

The first is a 1940's Farmall tractor. The owner said it originally had steel(?) wheels instead of rubber tires because of the war effort.


This awesome Texaco Sky Chief gas pump has been restored. I forget if he said it was from the 30's or 40's. His two dogs were running around and jumping all over me so it was hard to focus! Notice the hydrant on the right - probably for the dogs!

We never got around to talking about this old fire truck, because our discussion had turned towards the dogs. One of them had snuck through the invisible fence and was sauntering down the street! I had a nice visit with them all!

I forgot to show you this first aid kit last week, from my auction stash. I don't know the year, but it's got some cool stuff inside!


Don't forget that Friday, Nov. 11, is the deadline for signing up with the Tag Swap! ;)

15 comments:

Mecky said...

Your neighbor has some fun things to look at!My son has my DFIL's old Farmall, but living in city limits, I don't think my neighbors would appreciate it in my yard. I don't know where he plans to store it when it is restored, but my yard won't be it!Maybe the garage!
My husband has a thing for old FirstAid kits and has one like yours. He has them on the wall of his garage. I should try to find goodies to put in it for him. I do have those bandage boxes, but they are for my old collection of bathroom products, so I don't know if I will share those. I will have to be looking for more!That will give me more excuses to go junkin, which works for me! LOL

Happy Rednesday. I am looking forward to seeing some more great reds this week!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What cool reds to share today. I would enjoy a neighbor with such interesting items in their yard!!

Diann said...

Love the vintage reds that your neighbor has. How fun and great that they are saving and displaying these fun things from our past! Thank you for hosting and have a wonderful day!

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for the Sandwich Generation said...

LOVED the fire truck. Once upon a time my senior dad was a fireman, so your photo was doubly fun for me to see.

And more sweet family memories - if I'm not mistaken, my folks used to have that same first aid kit!

Thanks for another lovely Rednesday visit.

Anonymous said...

The that red, white and blue of that first aide kit! Sure brings back memories!

Isn't it relaxing to watch the africam? My boy used to love that when he was small.

I linked up today! ♥

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Sue,
Love that tractor! My father and I have always loved old red tractors!
I haven't been here in a while but I have lots of red in my post so I thought I would join you today. Thanks for hosting.

Blessings,
Sandi

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Hi,
Your new neighbor really has some cool reds in his yard ! That is a neat old first aid kit!Happy Rednesday !

Lynn at Cottage and Creek said...

I love that truck and tractor! How fun! Perfect for Rednesday. Your vintage First Aid kit sure brings back memories of the good ol' days. My parents kept one just like it in the car. Thanks for hosting :)
Lynn

Susan Freeman said...

So much cool stuff in your post I hardly know where to begin! First of all, what a great first aid kit. That's a treasure. Next ~ I love all of your neighbors old trucks, etc. I once did an interior design job for a guy who owned a wonderful old Victorian house that was completely empty except for an old gas pump quite like your neighbor's. The first thing he said was "I suppose you want me to get rid of that gas pump" to which I replied ~ absolutely not! What's not to like? It's old, it's red and it has a history. Great post Sue ~ thanks for hosting.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I could use that first-aid kit at my school. Oh, wait! The bandages have probably lost all their adhesive power by now. Too bad! :)

My Vintage Mending said...

Sue...So glad to be able to join you this week. What a wonderful first aid kit. Always a treasure to find old tins...smiles...Renee

Musings from Kim K. said...

Now that Halloween is over and all my orange is packed away, I'm excited to be joining you again on Rednesday. Thanks for hosting. Sounds like you have a keeper for a neighbor and your first aid kit is pretty darn cool.

Curtains in My Tree said...

I am amazied every week of all the red you find.

I think it's funny your neighbors dog made a getaway while you were visiting

Curtains in My Tree said...

I am amazied every week of all the red you find.

I think it's funny your neighbors dog made a getaway while you were visiting

Ann said...

I have a black and white photo of me with my Grandpa on his Farmall tractor that I cherish so. Thanks for sharing that gem. Just found your wonderful blog and am following.