Tuesday, February 28, 2012

REDNESDAY - OPEN FOR FUN!



Happy Rednesday! And, yes, we are ALWAYS open for fun here! I don't know why, but I've been in a very crafty mood lately. Probably because I can't go out and garden yet, or yard sale, either.

Here is a "book" that I made using the back of a Ritz Cracker box! I hurried and didn't finish the edges or the inside covers. Only four pages so far, as I just used what was in my stash, but I couldn't wait to show you the idea.





Why don't you try one? We all know that "everything tastes (looks) better when it sits on a Ritz"!

This tablecloth was picked up at the thrift store last week. I just love the red pin stripes with the turquoise roses! It has a stain on it, which I hope to get out.


I decided this year to try my hand at paper pots for starting seedlings. They look like they'll work just fine, and they're biodegradable!
Thanks to everyone who voted for my entry in the Want2Scrap contest. I didn't win, but that's okay, there were so many beautiful entries!

Don't forget to check back tomorrow (or Friday) for Easter Swap partners!

12 comments:

★Carol★ said...

You sure made cuteness happen out of something that would have ended up in the recycling bin! I especially like the one with the bike and the jack. Two things I loved doing when I was a kid!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

Musings from Kim K. said...

Aren't you clever. Love your special book. I'm working on a special Rednesday post for tomorrow. I found a box of vintage sewing cards at the thrift store yesterday. The graphics are simply fabulous.

Unknown said...

What a nifty idea & I love the recyclable.

Have a great eve ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Mecky said...

What a neat idea. It looks like you had some fun!!

LV said...

You are one of the best when it comes to n eat crafting ideas. Sorry you did not win. There will be a next time.

Sarah ~ Magnolias Attic said...

What a fun little book! I'm thinking about pancakes now....

My Vintage Mending said...

Well darn it...you gave it a good run. Sweet little book. I can't wait to Spring plant...Smiles...Renee

Tammy's in Love said...

I love Oxyclean soak for the vintage tablecloths in my collection. Soak at least six hours; throw your flour sack dish towels that are hand embroidered in there too! If the stain doesn't come out the first time, try soaking it again. I think that stuff is MAGIC!

bj said...

These are all so cute....

I just linked up on Linky Followers....

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I don't like change, I have a lot of followers, but I don't really care for followers. I try to comment those who comment me.

LadyD Piano said...

Love your idea of paper pots. I will try this for my tomato and basil seeds. I'm ready to plant, thanks!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Sue,
Thanks so much for hosting every week!!

Hugs,
Deb