Tuesday, March 20, 2012

REDNESDAY


I don't wanna make a Rednesday post! I just wanna play in the garden!


Hi everyone! I confess - it's true. The computer was the last thing on my mind today. With all the unseasonable weather we've been having this week, I truly want to just stay outdoors! But, alas, I can't. Someone's got to do the housework, and drive the kids to school (and watch t.v., lol!). But, I do have some nice indoor things to show you this week.

I have some pics of my bedroom closet, believe it or not. Not the whole closet, mind you, cuz it's a mess! We have a modest Cape Cod style "cottage" - 3 bedrooms, 2-1/2 baths. But the interesting thing about the master bedroom is that it has this huge walk-in closet; and, I mean HUGE! Without taking the time to go upstairs and measure it, I'm guessing it's 8 ft. by 12 ft. - big enough to be a small bedroom.

Anyway, the wall that has my dresser against it is what I'm going to show you. Mister picked up this beautiful cabinet at a yard sale last year. I couldn't decide where to put it until a few months ago - I settled for above my dresser. I love it here! The doors are so pretty!


Open it up and there you will see my bird figurine collection. I just love the colors of the stained glass and birds in here. Especially since there are no windows.

Oh, surprise! There's Steve Irwin courting the lovely lady in yellow to the right. Haven't seen him in a long time!


Here's a close-up ~

And, here are some closer-uppers! ~


This is a wall pocket ~

This set-up brings a smile to my face every day; it's so cheerful!

23 comments:

craftyles said...

Love the birds. What a great collection! Thanks for hosting!
Leslie

Musings from Kim K. said...

Your wall pocket and bird collection is just lovely. You are reminding me that I used to have a lovely wall pocket in the shape of a cottage. I wonder where I put it??? Thanks for hosting.

My Vintage Mending said...

Yes, I hear those birds chirping with all the windows open. It is lovely. Smiles...Renee

Czjai said...

Lovely collection, Sue! :)

The French Hutch said...

Love the sweet bird collection, and I love the doors on the cabinet. Thanks for taking the time from your garden to host the party!

~Emily
The French Hutch

LV said...

Sue, I like all your various treasures. I goofed and my entry did not go through. I am supposed to be number 11 on the entries, but it does not work. I do not know how to correct it. Sorry.

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Beautiful cabinet & Bird collection!

Liz said...

Wow, I love that cabinet with the butterflies! So colourful! Very beautiful. Liz

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Its a gorgeous little cupboard full of pretty little things!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Sue,
Love the cabinet and your bird collection is so sweet!!

Thanks once again for hosting every week!

Hugs,
Deb

Lola said...

Great collection!

Happy Rednesday!

ThreeOldKeys said...

mmmmm ... wow! it's a good idea to have something you love greet you in the closet ... i'll have to think about adding something to smile at, in my scary (smaller) walk-in.

happy Rednesday ... i've been gone awhile but i never disappear altogether!

MomWaldsPlace said...

Absolutely LOVE your bird collection, seriously LOVE. You should come see the bird picture I made for Rednesday, what a coincidence!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Your bird collection is charming and I love that cabinet! hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Oh it was really hard for me to post today too because I reallly wanted to go slidding around in the snow outside! (Har-har)

Happy spring you lucky girl! ♥

★Carol★ said...

Heheee....haven't seen the Steve Irwin doll in a looong time! You just never know when or where he's going to pop up, do you? LOVE that pretty cabinet. It brings the garden indoors!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Wouldn't I love a walk in closet! These pictures remind me of Cinderella, and all the happy birds flying around her at her window! I can see them flying off the shelf and helping you dress! Maybe I have watched too much Disney? I love how you brought the outdoors feel into a walk in closet. So pretty!
Blessings,
Susie
P.S. Thank you for letting me link up to your Rdnesday!

Diann said...

I can so relate to not wanting to be inside doing stuff. It is just too beautiful out! Thank you for hosting and enjoy your week!

Curtains in My Tree said...

Just yesterdday a friend bought a little bird tea cup & sacucer, it would look so sweet with your birds

you are very lucky to have such a big closet, I have seen ladies make an office in their closets

LadyD Piano said...

Lovely displays. Thanks for hosting!

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

Oh goodness, that photo looks so much like one of me at that age sitting on the porch in front of the door wearing a pretty little dress and probably about the same era as that photo but I'm smiling my cheesy little smile! ;)

Susan Freeman said...

I love your vintage birds! What a great collection!!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

maine said...

Hey
I enjoy your blog!, This unique is just a totally nicely structured posting, I do appreciate the writing
Thank you!