Saturday, July 14, 2012

A FREEBIE AND A BARGAIN

I'm coming off of Vacation Bible School week! Jade went, and Katherine volunteered this year.

As you know, Mister is "the King of the Freebies", and here's his latest find - a chiminea! Quite rusted. I hope he finds the time to sand it down and paint it. What fun it would be to sit outside in the evenings!


He stopped by the thrift store last week just as they were loading this table off a truck to put in the store. The guy said he was going to ask $65 for it, but he'd give it to Lee for $20 so they wouldn't have to lug it in! Gotta love a bargain! Now, where to put it . . .


11 comments:

Charlotte said...

What great finds! The table was a steal!

My Vintage Mending said...

Beautiful. table. You have to love that all for twenty bucks...Well done...smiles...Renee

Sam I Am...... said...

Your husband would be my "dream" husband! LOL! When I was married and bringing stuff in the front door my husband was busily throwing it out the back door. I still mourn over some beautiful pieces that were thrown away just because he was "blind" to their promise. You are one lucky woman!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love that table and what a bargain price! hugs, Linda

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

From $65 down to $20?? LOL Yes, that's quite a deal! Go Husband!!!
Hope you're having a great weekend.
Erica :)

Sarah said...

What a bargain that table is. A drop leaf table is the best kind. So many ways to use it. I bet you find a spot and possibly several. ;-)
Happy weekend.......Sarah

Unknown said...

I would love a husband like that!!!! The table is beautiful!!!! Drop leaf tables are so hard to find! And the chiminea is going to be very enjoyable I am sure....

vintage grey said...

Beautiful table!! Can't wait to see what you do with it! Have a lovely weekend! xo Heather

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Great finds and what bargains! Your Hubby is like mine..things just seem to fall into his lap!
Lol!

Hugs,
Debbie

Jeannie Marie said...

My husband moans when I bring stuff in but is a good sport. But then he unfortunately won't let it go when I tire of it and want to sell it! Excellent buy on that drop leaf table! It's exactly what I am looking for!

Chenille Cottage said...

I spy some sweet bargains!!
Blessings...and renewed strength after your week of VBS!!
Carolynn