Tuesday, July 31, 2012

REDNESDAY



Hi everyone! Do any of you follow the old-time list of what chore to do on which day of the week? I certainly don't! I just can't imagine doing ALL the laundry on one day!

I got out to the thrift store on Saturday and purchased a few little goodies ~

I was excited to find this Texan cookie tin in good condition - nice price, huh?


A cute little vintage card (feel free to use it) ~





 And, a non-red doily thingy!




Here's a pic that I got from Top Gear UK. It's the new Ferrari F12 Berlinetta. Forget the car! I LOVE the house behind it!!



 On Africam, to go along with the Olympics, we made up our own "Africam Olympics". There are three cameras at three different locations in South Africa so each night we count which one has the most critters appearing!


How's about a (partial) family photo to end this post with! Monday was Mister's brother Stephen's birthday, so we went down the street for cake and ice cream. From left to right: Stephen, Joyce (the mom), Mark, my Katherine, Mister (Lee), and Henry (the dad). I'm not in it cuz I took the photo!


12 comments:

LV said...

I have a cookie tin just like this one you found. I loved seeing the family portrait.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love tins, I have some, but mostly from Oriental teas. Thank you for hosting, my transferware is actually RED! Thanks for having this fun Red party!
FABBY

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Wonderful Finds! Great Family Pic! Happy Birthday to Stephen!

Curtains in My Tree said...

how nice you have family that close
I know families can be trouble sometimes but I hav'nt any family close so we squable

Visits With Mary said...

Happy Rednesday Sue ! I loved that little red car, I think I could handle driving it around!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

I wish I could stick to the days of the week chores! I love the cookie tin! And the doily. You also have a nice looking family :)
Thanks so much for hosting Rednesday! I enjoy this party!
Blessings,
Susie

Unknown said...

Happy I found your party! Thanks for the link up!

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Hi Sue,
To answer your housekeeping question, abso-tutely not! ;) My mother did some things according to what day it was though - I can remember once when I was a teenager my favorite jeans were in the dirty clothes and she wouldn't wash them because it was the wrong day of the week! I was not a happy camper. Seems like such an odd thing to do these days, doesn't it?!
I got a kick out of your Africam Olympics, so cute! And such fun to see your family. :)
You asked about my little cottage. I got it at the Long Beach Antique and Collectible Flea Market swap meet thingie here in So. Cal. I was buying other stuff from the vendor and saw it and HAD TO HAVE IT and the woman practically gave it away to me - she didn't recognize its wonderfulness. I love it so! It's one of my favorite things I own. And it's such a little, unassuming, non-flashy thing but it makes me smile. I was so very tired of my old banner and just took photos of it and VOILA!, new banner for Sally. :)
Happy Rednesday!
Sally

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Such a cute blog. Love it. I can't wait to join in on a "Rednesday" coming up. Great fun. Red is one of my favorite colors, so I think I should have something. Found you at Little Susie Home Maker's. Happy to be a new follower!

Chenille Cottage said...

Hi Sue!
Of course, I just had to pop in and see all the Rednesday pictures...I look forward to your post every week. Because my favorite color is RED I always have something to post...but, this week was an exception.
I'll see you with photo in hand next week, my friend.
Blessings and thanks for Rednesday!
Carolynn

Kaye Swain said...

What a fun visit. And loved the family photo! I had a friend who always did all her laundry on one day (four kids). And it took the WHOLE day but then she was done. I did daily, sort of, but not very organized. I have another friend that does it all daily - with big family too. Generally only 1-2 loads a day and always has plenty of clothes. I liked that the best. :) Have a lovely week.

Jeannie Marie said...

I didn't have any thing to contribute this week, but I really enjoyed those who did! Next week!