Tuesday, October 2, 2012

REDNESDAY



Welcome back, boys and girls! I picked up some Kentucky Fried Chicken for lunch today (Tues.), as it was Mister's day off. I'm eating coleslaw out of the container because no one else like it - yay!

Last week, on a day off from school, I took Jade (whom I babysit) and Christa (my niece) to The Big Apple, which is a local apple orchard. Got the usual - apple donuts, caramel apples, maple sugar candy, pumpkins and apples!


This is an old-fashioned apple vending machine. Empty, but still works!

The ice cream window wasn't open because we were there in the morning, but they have a nice selection of New England sundaes!

Jade, left, and Christa

I managed to hit the thrift store twice this past week. My first time I brought home this darling little girl! She's a planter, but I'll use her for pens and stuff.

Today I went there with Mister and picked up some Christmas items. A small red tin, two fingertip towels, and a cute little angel.

I fell in love with this vintage basket as soon as I saw it; it's like a mini picnic basket! It measures 11" long, 6" deep, and 6-1/2" tall. There was no price sticker on it so when I asked the guy about it he said $3.00. Later, a woman who works there said she remembers a $10 price had been on it - I lucked out! A pretty Christmas rose cloth napkin came home also.

I guess that's enough for one week! Can't wait to see all yours!



15 comments:

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Thanks for hosting :) Happy Rednesday and Have a great week! ~Pernilla

The French Hutch said...

Great vintage reds! Love the tin and the little angel.
Thank you for hosting the sweet party every week!

~Emily
The French Hutch

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

What's more fun than a fall visit to the apple orchard. Your girls are so sweet! Great finds too, love the girl planter-pencil holder. Thanks for hosting. Pam

ImagiMeri said...

Great stuff for a great lady. That apple store is amazing.

Hugs,
Meri

LV said...

You were lucky having two great days out. One with the young girls at the Big Apple and than sharing fun time with your husband. I like all your goodies.

Susan Freeman said...

I really want some KFC right now!!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Looked like a wonderful day!Two very cute girls! I love your thrift store
finds!

Liz said...

Love the apple theme of your post! Happy Rednesday! Liz

Mamaw's Place said...

Love the apple vending machine. I never knew they made such a thing. That would be so cool to see.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to see that apple vending machine! My JR high had one and I would eat one every day for lunch! I've always thought that was such a great idea but have never seen one since!

Happy Rednesday! great score on the picKinic basket, Yogi! :)

Visits With Mary said...

Love your fall reds and really love KFC! Thanks for hosting and Happy Rednesday!

Sarah ~ Magnolias Attic said...

Ha! I'd be fighting you for that coleslaw! Love the sweet girl planter aka pencil holder.
Happy Rednesday (and thanks for hosting!)

Stephanie said...

I love apple season and all the goodies that come along with it - pies, muffins, donuts....

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

apple vending machine, how often do they replenish them? You buy the honey crisps? USA is importing them from NZ.

Sentimentally Me said...

THank you as always, Sue!