Tuesday, October 30, 2012

THE MORNING AFTER SANDY

Praise God from whom all blessings flow! May He help all those in need from the hurricane's destruction.

We were protected and didn't lose our power, although I heard others in town did. No school two days in a row! I took a few pics from my yard. This first one is the driveway where some massive oak branches fell. Thank goodness we have a "back" driveway going into the development behind us, as you can see in the second pic. The second largest branch that fell is in this pic.



The Wisteria vine/tree fell off the garden shed, but I just slung it back on the iron 'arm' over the door. That arm was the swinging pot holder that was in one of the fireplaces in our old house that burned down. I'm glad Mister saved it!


This metal bench trellis fell over because it wasn't in the ground, just sitting on stone slabs. No biggy.



The birds kept coming to the feeder throughout the day yesterday. I'm surprised the wind didn't just blow them away! This morning they were out in full force - here's a Blue Jay and a Red Bellied Woodpecker. I spotted the grasshopper on the water knob while I was rinsing out the bird feeder. He didn't even move while I turned the knob!


Of course, I had to bake a cake during the storm - a strawberry one!
And that's the extent of my brush with Hurricane Sandy!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad to hear you made it through Hurricane Sandy with little damage!

Best chris

Karen said...

Looks like you have a bit of yardwork to do. I'm glad to hear you stayed safe.

★Carol★ said...

So glad to see that you're safe and sound, Sue!

LV said...

You and family were blessed this time. Nature can do so much damage that affects so many.

Cheapchick said...

Very happy you were safe and so little damage. The birds knew!

Mick said...

Glad all is well!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Happy you are safe and your damage is so minimal! Yummy looking cake!!
hugs, Linda

Old Fashioned Gal said...

What a relief! I'm glad to hear it! That cake is making my prego belly hungry! lol :)
-Denise

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Glad you made it through the storm. We lost power for 13 hours which is rare for us as our development has underground wiring but the storm blew out a transformer.
The only casuality was our new 46" TV which did not come on once the power did. Good part is that we bought it only 30 days ago so Sam's said we can bring it back and get a new one....
Hugs,
Deb

susie said...

You're very lucky! Good luck with the cleanup.

Chenille Cottage said...

I'm so thankful that you are safe and that you didn't receive a great deal of damage from the storm.
You and your family have been in my prayers,
Blessings,
Carolynn

Debby said...

Glad that you are okay. You have some cleanup to do for sure. I was singing that song today but for a different reason.

Desire Empire said...

So glad you guys made it. Sending love to all you guys in the US from Australia.
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Good news indeed! I was baking up a storm yesterday...in case of a power outage, but we emerged unscathed from the storm.