Tuesday, November 20, 2012

REDNESDAY


Thanksgiving greetings to all you U.S. citizens! Enjoy your food 'n football tomorrow!

Hey, don't forget about my Christmas Swap! Sign up in the post before this one.

Hello, Sunshine! I went outside early this morning before school and snapped a photo of the frost that covered everything. It was so beautiful! Of course, pictures don't do it justice. (It was so thick that Becky thought it had snowed out!) I cropped this photo but, then afterwards, noticed on the original pic that there was a pretty little rainbow down in the corner . . .

The sun reflecting off the frost! And there's the red - in the rainbow! God's promise that He'll never cover the entire earth with a flood again.

I filled a shoebox for the annual Operation Christmas Child. I was feeling all pleased with myself as I left it on the table at church but then when I was going to the parking lot in walks a family carrying 6 boxes! Well, that humbled me pretty quickly!

My sister always gives me a bag of little goodies for my birthday each year. Last week she included some cupcake papers - Mary Engelbreit and cherries. Made my day!

Here is an Autumn vignette on my craft table. Except for the spotted feather, they are collected on the ground under and around the bird feeders.
I guess that's enough for one week! Enjoy your holiday!




10 comments:

The French Hutch said...

Happy Rednesday and thank you for hosting. Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving.

~Emily
The FrenchHutch

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love the rainbow! God's blessings on you and your family this Thanksgiving!
hugs, Linda

LV said...

I would love seeing a little bit of fog around here. It was 83 today and dry. Certainly not Thanksgiving weather. Sue, trust you and family have a wonderful and healthy holiday.

ThrifterSisters said...

Oh my. I love the Mary Engelbreit cupcake papers. I would have a really hard time actually using them because they are so dang cute!

Happy Rednesday!

Erica

Chenille Cottage said...

Hi Sue!
I look forward to your fun Rednesdays each week. Red is a color worth celebrating.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thankgsgiving.
Blessings,
Carolynn xo

Rose Fine Craft Guild.com said...

Thanks for hosting the party. Happy Thanksgiving!

★Carol★ said...

Love that rainbow shot, Sue! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Hazel said...

That's a pretty rainbow shot. Love the country feel of the images (I'm a country girl stuck in the city for the job). Linking up for the first time.

Jill said...

After reading your post, I went out and what a coincidence, saw a sign for the Christmas boxes, I brought two home so I need to get busy in the next couple of days.

Jeannie Marie said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I really love the surprise rainbow. Aren't they always such a nice surprise!