Wednesday, November 6, 2013

TODAY IS REDNESDAY!

Hi everyone! Today is Rednesday, but I'm not hosting it anymore. Melody of Brown Gingham Creations is!


I have a favorite aunt, Aunt Rose, who passed away a few weeks ago. She was the youngest (at 80) of six with my mother being one of the oldest. Three are still alive. Aunt Rose was full of fun and always ready to give a listening ear or some sound advice. She lived in a big old house with a barn/garage, a garden shed (my uncle's), a grape arbor and a pond "way out back" on the property.

I loved the occasional sleepovers and family gatherings there. She made the best grilled cheese sandwiches in the world! She always had this Chinese lantern hanging in her kitchen - I don't know why because she loved Native Americans (adopted two), wolves, and angel dolls. I always wanted it and was fortunate to be able to have it after she was gone.



It's sad how some people die and it's expected, and some it isn't. Aunt Rose, at 80, could easily have passed for 60 or 65. She wasn't gray, but still a pretty strawberry blond.  She was very active with gardening, crafting, and being social. Cancer quickly took her over the summer. I will always have fond memories of my favorite aunt!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sue!
Oh Boy, am I glad to see you...read you...Have I missed you. I have wanted to call. but my computer has lost you phone #...it lost a lot of stuff, but you # was of the important things. It has not been Rednesday with you.
I am sorry about you Aunt. It's nice to have all the memories.
So much has been goin on, please e-mail me. brownginghamcreations@fuse.net

Mecky said...

I am sorry to hear that you lost your aunt. Your story of her reminds me of one of my aunts.

It is nice that you were able to bring her lamp home. It is pretty neat!

You have been missed. It is nice to see you blog!

Anonymous said...

Nice inheritance from your aunt and I know you enjoy thinking of her when you see it.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

How sweet to have a beloved remembrance of your Aunt. Thanks for the Rednesday reminder!

(I'm having a terrible time getting a word verification thing that I can read. Hope this posts)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Sue,
Thanks so much for your visit! It was so nice to see you!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Shelley said...

Sue, I'm finally getting in the groove. Even though it's 2:00 AM and I should go to bed, had to leave a comment when I read about your aunt. So sorry to hear of your loss. The lantern is beautiful! I'm sure she would be happy to know it found a home where it is loved.

Take care!