Saturday, February 15, 2014

MY LATEST VALENTINE CRAFTS

I had decided to make a Valentine tag for my neighbor, Becky:



She's a sweetheart! At the last minute, I decided to make a card for her 3-yr-old son, because he's home most of the time (preschool two half-days/wk) while his three older siblings are in school. I also tucked in a piece of chocolate.


 \
It's hard to tell, but I made it a pop-out card.


Well, yesterday afternoon I walked down the driveway and put them in their mailbox. As I was coming back the 2nd grader was walking over with a vase of flowers in hand! I told him I had just put the cards in the mailbox and he went to get them.


Becky called to thank me for the gifts and was especially thrilled that I gave a card and candy to Shawn. He had a fever and couldn't go to his pre-school V'Day party, and was jealous that his brother had come home with all kinds of candy and he had none. So she said that I had made his day! (Thank you, Lord!) Becky also said that she gave the flowers as a thank you for letting her kids use my (long) driveway to get to the bus stop.

I was happier about the blessing I was than the flowers I received.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty tag. I'm glad you made your neighbor's day.

Debby said...

Ahh, sweet. You both made each other's day. You have to feel bad about the little guy missing his party. It's not the same just getting the Valentines from school late. Valentines can be such a fun time. SO easy and uncomplicated.

Shelley said...

Don't you love when you unexpectedly make someone's day? I think it's true that the giver gets as much out of it as the receiver. Your tag is awesome! You have some mad paper crafting skills (I do feel somewhat qualified to say so!) I am checking out all your supplies...is that a Martha Stewart doily punch on the bottom edge? Inquiring minds have to know! Have a great day!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love that it takes such a little bit sometimes to really make someone's day!! Love the card and tag!! Hugs, Linda

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

How sweet of you!! Such a cute tag and those flowers are so pretty! :) xo Holly

Rosie said...

So sweet! I hope Shawn is feeling much better by now.
love, rosie

Unknown said...

Thats adorable and I can totally tell its a pop up! I can't figure out how you did it, it almost feels like a optical illusion!:) Is that your kitchen? It looks SO cute! I'm putting your stuff today (or tomorrow if you want) just lettin ya know!:)