Monday, August 4, 2014

NEW CAR + THRIFT SHOPPING

We got a new car last week!

Backstory: Lee's '95 Buick has never ran right since we got it two years ago. It's in such bad shape that he won't let me drive it. Plus, he's been driving it a year without a new inspection sticker. My truck died about a year ago, so I've had no wheels of my own; been using my mo-in-law's car for groceries and appointments. At times I've felt like a prisoner on my property. (Thank God for gardening!)

Saturday, as Lee was coming up the driveway from work, the car started sputtering and barely made it up to the house; then it died. So last night he was looking on Craig's List at cars and he spots a '96 Buick Riviera that was posted 3 hours previously. The location was about half an hour away. Everything looked good, he called the guy, and made arrangements to go see it tonight.

The guy called this morning and said he'll be in the next town over for business and Lee went to Milford (with his mom's car) to meet the guy and check out the car. Lee liked it and said he would definitely buy it.

The guy called back again after an hour and said his wife was getting off work at noon and she would follow him to our house to drop off the car! Which they did - and we have this beautiful "new" car in our driveway that has been meticulously cared for! God sure put this together in less than 24 hours!




Now to show you a few thrift shop finds from the past two weeks:

I picked up some vintage miniatures, a single red-capped S&P shaker, and a "ball" of crochet stuff.


Then, at another place, I picked up this gorgeous small mixing bowl of an English cottage and garden that says "Homestead" at the bottom of the pic; followed by a book called "Simple Pleasures in the Garden" and a handful of vintage buttons!




4 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Congrats on getting some new wheels and I love all your finds. The shaker with the red top is so sweet!
hugs,
Linda

Debby said...

Nice car. COngratulations.
COme check out my new banner.

Anonymous said...

Oh congrats to you on the new car! I need one so bad so I know how you felt. I stick close to home in case I break down!

what a sweet little cottage bowl. I've never seen one like that- only plates.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Oh I love your bowl and buttons! Congrats on the new car and wish you lots of luck with it. Perfect how it worked out for you. :)