Tuesday, December 14, 2010

'TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE REDNESDAY



'Twas the night before Rednesday when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even the mouse.





The aprons were hung by the window with care
In hopes that a cooking spree soon would be there!











The host lady nestled all snug in her bed
While visions of blog memes danced in her head.
When up from the downstairs there rose such a clatter
She sprang from her bed to see what's the matter.


Away down the stairs she flew like a flash
Tripped over the glue gun and fell on her ***.
Recovering quickly she ran through the rooms
Nearly stumbling this time o'er the red-handled broom.

When what to her wondering eyes should appear,
But the miniature sleigh, from her shelf, and eight deer.
With a wee little driver - so cute, full of sugar;
She knew in a moment it was the Knee Hugger!


He motioned for her to go down the hall
To look at the ladder that held all the towels.
They each were displayed with pride of their fame.
He whistled, and shouted, and called them by name.









"Now, Dasher! Now, Dancer! Now, Prancer and Vixen!










"On, Comet! On, Cupid, On, Donder and Blitzen!"




But, wait! At the top rung, one more for the prose
It was Rudolph, the one with the shiny red nose!










"We'll show these to your friends who live online,
They're always there, no matter the time."


Then to the computer to visit the blogs;
She will show them her bowl and little egg nogs!
She loves all the blog styles and holiday headers,
By mid-week they'll be getting, oh, so much redder!
Such pretty decorations and crafts they did see,
It was hard to decide the most beautiful tree!


"It's time to head back to bed, I now fear;
For it's almost midnight, dawn soon will be here."
He bid her adieu, on the shelf, in his sleigh . . .

"Have a good night, and a happy Rednesday!"





42 comments:

Unknown said...

Sue,
This post is WONDERFUL!!!!! I am sitting here with a big gron on my face, what a poetic girl youa re! LOL....

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Very creative post! ;~) Your Christmas decor is very beautiful & festive !
Merry Christmas !
~Myrna

JunqueMagnet said...

Awesome post.You made me smile and giggle.Thanks so much for sharing and hosting.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Sue this post made my day! I know you are a creative lady but this is just too cute and fun and perfect! Happy Rednesday!!

Lesa said...

Cute Cute Cute!! I'm laughing cause I do dream about blogging sometimes!

Eileen said...

How wonderful! What a delightful post!

Unknown said...

Thank you for hosting Rednesday for us..I appreciate it.
and I love that box full of christmas.
I gotta find one...
Merry Christmas,
glenda

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Luv today's post! Thank You for hosting today....Julian

Dawn said...

What a darling post Sue! I think maybe you're the one who started the red and white trend in all the magazines this year!

Lola said...

Beautiful & creative Xmas decor!

XOXO Lola:)

LV said...

Sue,that is a great presentation. I really enjoyed it and you did a super job.

GwendolynKay said...

I love your poem! The fun rhymes put a smile on my face. I also love the sleigh and reindeer.
Blessings~
Gwenny

Linda Ruthie said...

What a wonderful post! Very fun and creative. I passed up an eggnog set like yours at a yard sale this summer. I just don't have any place to put it.

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Such a fun post Sue! You are so clever!

Happy Rednesday,
Sally

Unknown said...

that was totally cute...loved every bit of it...hey, still no package ??? I haven't seen it here on my end...Take care..Mica

Cindy said...

Haha! This totally cracked me up. Love it and can totally relate!

Angela said...

I don't know if my first comment went through or not..sigh...Sometimes I'm too fast in typing and than take off before doing the word verification...SIGH.Well again, I will say this was the most awesome and amazing REdnesday post..I quite thoroughly enjoyed it!

Barbara Jean said...

Thanks for hosting!!

barbara jean

Cherry Chick said...

O'Sue..How fabulous. I just love your post today! What a clever girl...kudos and totally awesome. ;-)

Cherry Chick said...

LOL...I just went back and noticed the little "I (heart) ME" in your "blog dream"...too cute!

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

Cute poem and cute pictures! A winner for sure.

Chris

★Carol★ said...

Such a cute post Sue, and you're quite the poet! Loved seeing all the bits of Christmas around your house, especially the egg nog set. My husband is a nog freak, and he wishes they would sell it year round!
Happy REDnesday!
Carol

Elaine said...

Now that's Ive heard the Christmas story I'm ready for bed..
love your post

Grannys Attic said...

Sue what a wonderful post this week. You amaze me so much so creative. Thanks for all you do for blog land. Blessings, Vicky

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This post was so much fun to read! You are so clever, Sue, and your Christmas decorations are so cute! Love it all! :)

D said...

Hi, Sue,
Great poem writing. I'm impressed :) Thanks for the smile, and sharing your wonderful reds!
D

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

You are really, really, really super clever and I loved your version! Fun post!!!

Gypsea Nurse said...

What a great post!! Such fun!! This is my first Rednesday... I am loving it already!
Smiles~
Cat

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Sue, What a talented poet you are!!

Fantastic!! So entertaining!!
LOVED those red and white houses!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Unknown said...

Oh Sue! That was a hoot! You are quite the poet and I didn't know it. Love the vintage collections.

Maude Lynn said...

Well done!

Sewn With Grace said...

Oh my word, I just found your blog! Where have I been? I just love it all. What a great gift to find your blog! Blessings!

Simply Shelley said...

What a fun Christmas post...I enjoyed it very much lol...Shelley

Susan Freeman said...

Hi Sue! I love this post. Its full of fun and gave me the giggles. Lots of red too ~ just perfect!!!

Lots of love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Denise Marie said...

lovely post, Sue...so happy to see you are having a merry season.

craftyles said...

I love it, you are really a talented lady. The poem is great! It really made me smile!

Anonymous said...

So cute!!!♥

My word verification is "redos"...heehee!

Ann said...

To the creative poet, I love the Crhistmas rendention of The night before Christmas. Your red's are beautiful.
Ann

Kelly said...

Wonderful rendition of a great Oldie! Oh, good luck with that cooking spree.

bj said...

You had me in stitches with your adorable poem. You are VERY good at this!!:)

Thanks for hosting this fun meme.
xo bj

Abramyan Avenue said...

I LOVE your poem!! This has got to be my favorite post of the year!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

NanE said...

Oh where to start? those towels are FAB!!! And I love the Tom and Jerry set, WOW! I also agree with you on the prices on ebay, some are just crazy but then I think our Goodwill is crazy, rarely do I find any cool, vintage knick knacks under $7!