Tuesday, February 15, 2011

REDNESDAY - VALENTINES AND A ROBIN



Remember the photo I showed last week of the Robin seen through the wreath? (go here) Mister has been throwing raisins out occasionally for it. Two days ago it was on a lower branch of the crabapple tree, so I threw out a handful and it didn't even fly away. This morning I went out again and, as soon as I threw some raisins onto the snow it flew down to them immediately. As I threw the remainder, the robin didn't even flinch - guess we have a new "pet"!

As promised, I'm going to show you the stunning Valentines I received from my Swap! Lots of detail, surprises, hard-work, originality, and loveliness (and a few bits of candy, too!). Thank you so much, everyone, for your pretty, pretty creations! ~

I am also linking this post to Bluebird Papercrafts Dolly Dingle Valentine Exchange! list.

Sandy of 521 Lake Street
I've been restraining, but I don't think this lollypop
is going to stay on that card much longer! Sandy made a
detailed double-sided tag, but she's definitely not two-faced!

Carey of Chicory Nits
Great job, Carey, you really captured me!

Elizabeth of Bluebird Papercrafts
What can I say? E is the best tag maker EVER!

Angela of Down to the Darling Details
I love the cross-stitch look of the letters, and
the piece of "taffy", too!

Kadra of Fun With Aunt Kadra Louise
Isn't this the most unique idea using the Sweet Stripes box?

Jean Kemp
Simply sweet on the outside, precious on the inside!

Carrie of Junque Magnet
Love the glitter key and beads!

Linda of Linda Ruthie's Aprons
Mmm - cherries and gingham!

Sharon of Red Lead Paperworks
Fab card and extra goodies to boot!

Patty of Sewing Seeds
Such soft colors with a petite fairy!

Betty of She's Sew Pretty
Love those chubby cheeks!

Cindy of Whimsical Musings
Even though not a swap participant, Cindy sent
this beautiful tag with the most gorgeous
turquoise and red - and an "S" for me!

I think I still have a few stragglers yet to come - I love getting mail!

34 comments:

Tonya said...

What BEAUTIFUL valentines you received!! Looks like it was lots of FUN!! I loved the glitter key!! Great jobs, everyone!!

Anonymous said...

Such sweet and thoughtful Valentine tags! What a lucky lady you are and what fun you must be having creating and sharing. Happy Valentine Rednesday. ~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic

★Carol★ said...

It looks like you gals had a great time making those beautiful valentines! They're one of a kind, and I'm sure you'll treasure them forever!
Happy REDnesday!
Carol

Lola said...

Love all the red!

Happy Rednesday!

Your quick REDNESDAY link

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for the Sandwich Generation said...

What adorable Valentine handmade greetings cards and tags. I love the vintage looks and the cheery smiles and colors. Thank you for a delightful Rednesday visit. :)

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

"I LOVE your Valentine's"!!! You are So talented and these are priceless!
Have a wonderful week,
Hugs, Donna

Sandy said...

I don't see Mr. Linky? Am I missing something?

bj said...

Great reds..:)
See ya for Rednesday..

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Sue, all the pretty Valentines your received in the swap are just precious! Happy Rednesday!
♥ Pat

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a fun swap and you sure did get some cute valentines! hugs, Linda

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

I love your valentines. Everyone of them were really pretty.
Beautiful reds!!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

I love to get mail ,too. You have received some beautiful & special Valentines . You have inspired me to try & join in on the swap next year .
Blessings,
~Myrna

Donnie said...

what beautiful vintage items. So much fun to look at.

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

I don't think I could choose a favorite! They are all wonderful and so pretty!

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Sue!
I love all your swap treasures and I hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day!!! I'm so happy that the tag arrived!
XO

Ann said...

Wow!! Those are some amazing cards. Everything is just so commercialized. I forget about making Valentine's for loved ones.
I know you'll enjoy them for years to come.
Fondly,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel

Dena E's Blog said...

Oh just so precious Sue...
Thanks so much for the cheery posts...
Blessings and Hugs Dena

bj said...

thanks so much for hosting.
xo bj

bj said...

thanks so much for hosting.
xo bj

Sarah said...

Sue, what a fun swap! I've not received that many valentines in the mail since I taught school. And then they were only in my "valentine box", not in my real mail box. Fantastic little treasures! Thanks for sharing and thank you for hosting REDnesday every week.
~ Sarah

Unknown said...

Happy Valentine's Day Sue! What wonderful Valentines you received! What a fun swap this was. I loved the hanging one you made for us. Such a cute idea with the little house, I just love it! I can't thank you enough for joining me and sharing your art with me. You make every Wednesday the most fun! Elizabeth

Kelly Mac said...

I laughed when I say your image at the top with the robin and it mentioned "good". Everything in my post today had to do with good. Great minds think alike. But this great mind sure is wishing she got some of those cute Valentine cards! They're wonderful. And so are you.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, these are precious. What a blessing. I was lucky to receive one of Cindy's tags too. She does amazing work. I love your new blog design. Thanks for hosting as usual.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Sue, I loved seeing your vintage valentine's. Happy Redensday!

By the Bluegrass said...

Ooooh, I have been wanting to participate in rednesday. Thanks for hosting...I linked up.
love the Valentine's.
xo,
Sena

Laura said...

What lovely cards you recieved! They all are very creative. This seems like it would be so much fun!


Happy Rednesday,
Laura and Michele

Susie said...

I love Valentines! I love red! And I love your blog!

Curtains in My Tree said...

Yes I am a straggler it's in the mail you have heard that before

I will try to link up but something is not working for me and I'm lost as what to do will try again.

Love all your cards they are great

I posted your card on my blog

Janice

marina said...

super adorable valentines!

Denise Marie said...

Valentine's Gold...all of it!!

Curtains In My Tree said...

I so wanted to join in on your Rednesday

However I can't download any pictures error message says
Maximum Uploadable file size is
2048 kbytes

Now i will have to figure this out

Janice

Shanae Branham said...

I love your valentines. I'm glad I found you. By the way, I have a contest giveaway on my blog you might find fun. Take a look. triumphandtears.blogspot.com

Cheeseboy said...

All very lovely. All very eclectic. Nice job everyone.

(My wife still feels loved.)

Betty said...

Guess what showed up in my mail last night?!! Your adorable Valentine. I think it must have come by pony express...well not so express as I see it was postmarked on the 7th!! I'm glad it came, It is so cute and I've been seeing it on everyone's blogs and getting so jealous. LOL