Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A REDNESDAY CHRISTMAS




I hope you all have the best Christmas ever!

I call this a "tag-oration"; a tag that's a decoration. I save my Christmas cards each year, and this one was screaming "patriotic" to me! So I pulled out some K & Co. patriotic pieces for the bunting, stars, and the circle (which is raised up). The tree on the bottom is a K & Co. 'Clearly Yours' dimensional sticker. The bird holding a Merry Christmas message was cut from my Cath Kidston catalog. I glued it onto card stock and is raised up also. Some extra glitter and a stars hanger, and let the banner ever wave! Carol, I thought of you as I was making this!

It was definitely a tag-full month! They're so much fun to make and make great gifts, too. These next two are for the high school secretaries. They're made on 6" x 6" chipboard pieces. I just love the three kids peeking over the fence!

These two are for the two crossing guards I see every morning and afternoon when I take Jade to her school.

This little snow globe-without-the-snow thing is made from a 1-1/2" high by 1-3/4" wide plastic cover to a hand sanitizer pump bottle. It's for Becky's teacher assistant.

The teachers, secretaries, and crossing guards will also be getting a bag of goodies consisting of brownies with peanut butter chips, white chocolate-dipped pretzel sticks, and a few other little home-made goodies!

In the next few days, Katherine and I will be making Transformer cupcakes for Christmas! LOL!

Katherine wanted to decorate the tree this year. Needless to say, most of my beloved vintage ornaments never made it to the tree! :( But Keroro did! He's the green frog on the top of the tree - a Japanese animation character.
Once again, I wish you all a very merry Christmas, and may you and yours be blessed beyond measure!

25 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Your tags are gorgeous and so full of lovely red!!!! What wonderful gifts. hugs, Linda

★Carol★ said...

You KNOW I'm drooling all over your patriotic tag-oration, Sue! You're such an amazing crafter, I just wish I had half of your creativity. Love how your tree looks, especially that topper. The best trees are always the ones decorated by the kids. So much FUN!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Carol

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Merry CHristmas to you and your family, Sue!!

Thanks so very much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Debbie

LV said...

The teachers and school guards will be very pleased that you remembered them in this fashion. You do so good on the tags and make them personal. Merry Christmas and take care until nest time.

April D said...

I LOVE the patriotic tag!
You are so creative, turning a hand soap top into a snowglobe!
May your Christmas be lovely and RED!
:)

Anonymous said...

Sue,
Love the tagorations! Especially the ones for the crossing guards! What lovely thoughtful gifts. Delicious too.
Have a blessed, Merry Christmas, and thanks for hosting each week!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Sue, I love your patriotic Tag-oration. All of them are just darling. The sweet little snow globe is such a clever idea. Merry Christmas to you and your family also!

Lynn at Cottage and Creek said...

Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful Christmas, Sue. Your tags are makin' me smile, they're so darn cute!
Lynn

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Great tags that you made for gifts!
Merry Christmas!
Warmly,
deb

MomWaldsPlace said...

Well, you are just the busiest little elf! Merry Christmas!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Your Christmas tags and tree are beautiful, Sue! Merry Christmas and Happy 2012 to you and your family!

Sarah said...

Cute idea for recycling beautiful cards. I have a difficult time tossing any cards. Thanks for the idea.
Happy Holidays ~ Sarah

My Vintage Mending said...

Merry Christmas...and blessing for a wonderful New Year...Renee

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Hi Sue ,
Your tags are all beautiful !
Merry Christmas to you & Your Family!

Unknown said...

sweet tags. Marry Christmas to you and yours.

Loui♥ said...

Love the tags..
lotsa red!!
Merry Christmas!!
Loui♥

Musings from Kim K. said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Sue!! Your tags are absolutely fabulous.

Thanks so very much for hosting!!

Christmas hugs,
Kim K.

Rebecca said...

Merry Christmas to you and thanks for another wonderful linkie party!

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

Merry Christmas to everyone that loves all the Christmas red!!

An error message popped up when I went to post the pic for my link on Rednesday - I don't like that!!!

Sarah ~ Magnolias Attic said...

Such cute ideas! Love the frog and the snowless snow globe! And Transformer cupcakes! Takes me back a few years to when my son was little!
Thanks for another great Rednesday!

Curtains in My Tree said...

I have really enjoyed the tag swaps this year

Merry Christmas

from Janice

ThreeOldKeys said...

Ho Ho Ho and Merry Christmas - thanks Sue for the Rednesday fun !!!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Your tags are amazing! I admire your talent and love your Rednesday!

Lynn said...

Everything is wonderful!
Hugs