Tuesday, November 6, 2012

REDNESDAY






I was almost tempted to post on Wednesday morning, instead of Tuesday night, in order to announce our president for the next four years. But then I thought of all you guys who like to post on Tuesdays, so here we go!

Last week I mentioned an item that I was too lazy to go photograph, and here it is today - a new bird for my collection! There's a hole in the branch for a screw or something to hold the swing on, and the head has some paint wear, but I like it!

Here are a few items picked up this week - I love the dotties on the wood ornaments!

My first cigar box! I know some of you have massive collections of these. Not very common in my neck of the woods.

I thrifted this picture frame last year . . .

. . . and turned it into this!





Your turn!






16 comments:

Susie said...

I love your new bird!!! So sweet. So vintage looking. Cardinals are my fav!

★Carol★ said...

That birdie on a swing is pretty terrific, but I'm just crazy about what you did with that frame! It's loaded with vintage charm!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

Tami Von Zalez said...

I like what you did with the frame! I like to repurpose those also, I just did one for Halloween.

I'm linking up - you host one of my fav hops!

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Thanks for hosting :) I also like your Christmas picture frame a lot, very christmasy! ~Pernilla

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for the Sandwich Generation said...

Thanks for another fun Rednesday. Between red autumn leaves and the red pepper, I'm sneezing all the way :)

I loved what you did with that frame - so cute! And what an adorable blog about losing your mind. DOUBLE cute. :)

Have a blessed week!

Susan Freeman said...

Love the red frame! I have one cigar box and wish that I had more. So attractive.

Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Love all your fabulous finds! The frame transformation is awesome!

Melissa said...

I love your thrifted Christmas frame!

Liz said...

The X-mas frame is gorgeous!! Love it!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Your collage picture frame turned out wonderful. You always find the best things. Enjoy your cigar box. I've been turning mine into shadow boxes.

Margie said...

I LOVE what you did with the FRAME!!! I pinned it, hope that's ok!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

so many cute things! I'm ready to get home and back to my stuff so I can share again! Hugs, Linda

Little Susie Home Maker said...

How pretty! I do love the picture frame made shadow box!!
Blessings,
Susie

vintage grey said...

Sweet finds, and love the picture frame! So creative! xo Heather

Ann said...

Sue, thanks for your visit to my blog for Rednesday. I love thrifting for Christmas items, seems like they can be made into great keepsakes. Love all your found.
Ann

Jill said...

Very nice work on the frame!!

Thanks for hosting every week. Sue!