Wednesday, January 2, 2013

REST IN PEACE PATTI PAGE

Clara Ann Fowler (November 8, 1927 – January 1, 2013)


Patti Page was best know for her songs Tennessee Waltz, (How Much Is That) Doggie In The Window, and Old Cape Cod. Tennessee Waltz was my mom's favorite song and, being from Massachusetts, I'm a sucker for Old Cape Cod! In fact, that was the inspiration for my entry (above) in Creative Breathing's "Wish You Were Here" postcard swap a few years ago.

I'm sure she will be fondly remembered by all of us "of a certain age"!

5 comments:

Denise Marie said...

Cool! luv ur banner!!

★Carol★ said...

Happy New Year Sue! I remember that postcard you made, and I'm glad you shared it today. Patti Page could really sing, not like alot of the singers these days, and her beautiful voice will be truly missed!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linda Ruthie said...

Oh, I didn't know Patti passed away this week. :-( I am definitely a fan of her music and "Old Cape Cod" is my favorite. Thanks for posting this.

Unknown said...

Oh Sue! Your post card was my very favorite. I have it still! I am so sad to hear about Patti. She was a classic!
Wishing you a blessed New Year! Elizabeth