Wednesday, December 11, 2013

REDNESDAY CHRISTMAS DEC'S

Thought I'd show you a few Christmas decorations this week. Decorating went slow this year because a few days before Thanksgiving Katherine had a stomach bug for three days. Then a few days after T'day I had it for four days (lost 5 lbs. in that four days!), then Katherine got it again for another three days! Strange. But we're all better now. This is my vintage Christmas apron that I just adore! The second photo is a close-up of the scene.


 I was so excited to find these small Gurley candles at the thrift shop this summer. I think I paid a quarter or 50 cents for the small box of them!

These are just a few ornaments put together for a quick "something" on a blank wall beside the stairs.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas!!
Love your decor! Glad you're all feelin better too. Ya know you can copy and save that pic and then print copies to create your own shelf paper ;)

Mecky said...

I am glad that you all are feeling better.

That apron is great!

Merry Christmas

diane said...

I love that apron!!!!
Lovely.
Have a great week!
diane @ aug's blog

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Love your red apron Sue! I've been looking for Gurley candles for a year and have not seen one, lol.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Sweet banner, candle and apron. Looking like Christmas at your home. Bummer about the flu :(
Warmly,
deb

Linda @ A La Carte said...

So glad you are feeling better now!! Love your decorations and that apron is so sweet!

hugs,
Linda

Shelley said...

Adorable Gurleys! I have a few for several different holidays. For Christmas, one very large Santa and a little choir boy...that's it. This assortment is precious! Sorry to hear about your illnesses. You know I've never had a flu shot, but I'm beginning to rethink getting one...probably not this year, though.

Anonymous said...

I love gurley candles! I only have one christmas one but I remember them well from my childhood.

A tip for future tummy probs: I buy capsulized charcoal. At the first sign of stomach upset or a bowel prob, we take them. No one in our family has thrown up in years! It doesn't work once you're already in the process- it has to be taken before. ♥

Neabear said...

Are you still hosting Rednesdays? I have been out of the loop lately and trying to get back in the loop. Such lovely red things for the Christmas season!

Linnea