Saturday, December 12, 2009

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, THE ENCHANTED CHRISTMAS


Fairy Footprints


My favorite Disney Christmas movie is Beauty and the Beast "The Enchanted Christmas". Teen really likes this one, too. For some reason, she's been enthralled with the Disney porcelain dolls in the stores (Barbie size or larger). So I got her the Belle one for Christmas.

This is the eBay photo - I don't feel like going down to the cold basement to snap a photo in its hiding place! It's really beautiful, though.

If you're not familiar with this movie, it takes place in the middle of the original animated film, while Belle is still a prisoner in the castle. She is determined to celebrate Christmas with traditional holiday cheer, a prospect that does not appeal to the Beast. Belle prepares the castle for Christmas against Beast's wishes, trying to bring him happiness for the season. Forte, a pipe organ, fears that Belle's plans may eventually bring about an end to the curse... the curse that brought him more importance in the Master's life. Forte uses Fife, a flute who desperately wants a solo, to destroy Belle's plans and get rid of her.

I just love the song "As Long As There's Christmas", sung by Belle (Paige O'Hara) and Angelique (Bernadette Peters).

Here are a few movie pics, then a few shots of the beautiful Belle!


Have a blessed Sunday!

4 comments:

Abatevintage said...

Sue,

What a wonderful Disney post. I love this movie too. Belle is such a graceful and elegant princess, she was always my favorite. I loved the name Bell and decided Isabel was a wonderful name; so that is where my little girl got her name ;0)

I love the Belle doll she is beautiful.

Have a wonderful evening, thank you so much for participating. I love visiting.

Blessings

?´¨)¸.+´¸.•*´¨)¸.+*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.+´??¸.+´
¸.•*´¨)¸.+*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.+´? Heidi ?)

Caroline said...

Sue!! Thanks so much for my lovely lovely parcel full of gorgeous goodies which arrived on Friday. Such lovely things and from all the way across the Atlantic Ocean as well - I felt very lucky! I've been away for the weekend, so this is the first chance I've had to say 'thank you', but I'll do a blog post all about my parcel in the next few days. Thank you again - it was just fabulous. Caroline xxx

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Good Morning Sue...
I love your post this morning. Belle has always been one of Heidi's and mine favorite to watch. We have always loved the princess movies, but we especially loved this Christmas special. So fun.

Thank you for sharing with me today, and for participating in Disney Sunday. It is a lot of fun once you get into it. Brings the child back in all of us. (It makes Heidi Girl so happy.)

Have a beautiful day.
Country hugs and much love, Sherry

Micki said...

We were on the same mindset...I posted about Belle too...I love Beauty and the Beast so much! It is one of Disney's best for sure. I loved your post...very magical indeed!
Micki